Adapted from recipe by Mark Bittman, of the NY Times.
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
4 boneless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless thighs
Salt and pepper
1/4 C flour
Juice from 1 large orange, or 1/2 C of orange juice
2 limes, juice one and cut the other into wedges
1 T sugar (optional)
- Put large skillet over med-high heat for 2-3 minutes.Add olive oil and butter and swirl around.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put flour in a deep dish. When the butter foam subsides in the skillet, dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and shake off excess.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook, turning once until the chicken is browned on both sides and nearly cooked through, about 3- 5 min per side. (Chicken should be constantly sizzling but not burning.) Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- With the heat still on med-high, add the orange juice, lime juice and sugar, and let it bubble and reduce a little, about 2 mins.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, turn it in the sauce, and heat till sauce bubbles and thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the lime wedges as garnish.