Adapted from the Mississippi Roast recipe. I like this even better than the beef in the slow cooker
- 1 pork loin roast 2 – 2 1/2 lbs
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil, like canola
- 8 to 12 pepperoncini
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Trim most of visible fat off the roast.
Rub the salt and pepper all over the roast.
Sprinkle the flour all over the seasoned meat and rub it into the meat.
Put oil into the Instant Pot, and press “Saute”.
When the “Hot” sign comes on, put roast into pot and brown on all sides till it forms a hard crust. Press “Cancel”.
Add the pepperoncini, water, cider vinegar, dill and paprika and swirl water around to mix.
Press “Meat”, put lid on, close the pressure vent, and set timer for 30 mins.
When timer goes off, press “Cancel”.
When the float valve drops, open the pressure vent (there should be no steam coming out) , and open the lid.
Let meat rest 10 minutes, then slice into 1/4 ” slices, serve immediately with juices spooned over the meat and garnished with the peppers and chopped parsley.