4 [c] grated Cassava (Yuca)
2 [T] plain flour
1 3/4-2 [c] sugar
1 can of coconut milk
2 eggs (plus 1 egg for glazing)
1/4-1/2 [c] evaporated milk
1/4 [t] salt
- Mix all ingredients
- Pour into an 8″ square pan or a 13×9″ pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Beat the extra egg for glaze.
- Bake for 35 mins (or until top is firm and not liquid) at 400 deg
- Remove from oven, brush top with beaten egg, bake 10 min longer or until top is golden brown, and a knife inserted comes out clean
- Cut into slices when cool
- May refrigerate, but always serve at room temperature, or even warm
If using commercially sold grated cassava (1-lb bags, in freezer section of Asian stores):
2 1-lb bags of grated cassava
3 T plain flour
2 1/2 C sugar
1 can coconut milk
1/2 C milk/soymilk/almond milk
1/4 – 1/2 C evaporated milk (optional)
3 eggs (plus 1 beaten egg for glazing)
1/2 t kosher (coarse) salt
Preheat oven to 400 deg, 375 deg if convection.
Line pan(s) with parchment.
Mix all ingredients.
pour into either two 8′ square pans or one 13″x9″ pan.
Bake 35-40 min until top is firm and not liquid.
Remove from oven, brush top with beaten egg
Return to oven for 10 more minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean (will be glistening).
To serve, cut into slices or diamond shaped pieces when cool.
Can freeze or refrigerate, but serve at room temperature or even slightly warm.