2/3 [C] fresh oysters, cut into 1″ pieces
1/4 [C] tapioca starch in 1/4 [C] water
1/8 [tsp] salt
1/8 [tsp] sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 – 2 [tsp] soy sauce
2 – 3 [tbs] oil
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 – 2 [tsp] ginger, finely chopped
1 full stalk of green onions, chopped
- Mix the starch and the water in a small bowl. Add the salt, sugar and ground pepper.
- Lightly beat eggs in another small bowl, and add soy sauce.
- Have minced garlic and chopped ginger and chopped green onions ready.
- Add oil to a non-stick frying pan. Saute the garlic and ginger on high heat. When slightly golden, add green onion and stir-fry a few seconds.
- Add the oysters and stir also just for a few seconds.
- Stir the starch mixture and pour over the oysters. Immediately follow with the eggs.
- When solid around the edges and brown on the bottom, flip over in quarters.
- When brown on bottom, remove to platter and serve immediately with chili sauce.
Note: You can double the recipe, but unless you have a 12″ or larger pan, it is best not to. Even with a 12″ pan, probably comes out better not doubling.